Wednesday, October 18, 2006

8 minutes to early

The Chicago Bears played Monday night football against a not so good team this week. John and I were fairly excited to sit down and watch the game but after the poor showing in the first half we were down by 20 and hadn't seen a good play by the Bears yet! We continued to watch the 3rd quarter...time after time, passes getting intercepted, fumbles...we were starting to looking like the bad news Bears again. 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we were down by 2 touchdowns...we decided to watch the Bears take offense one more time before turning in as the game was really long and we were tired and embarrassed for the Bears at this point. And that is when it happened...Rex Grossman got the ball knocked out of his hands one last time....and we were done. Too disgusted to watch any more we turned off the TV and went to bed.

As I was getting ready the next morning I was listening to Good Morning America and I hear 'The biggest upset in football history' ...and I begin to think to myself...wow it was bad, the Bears played terrible but the 'biggest upset' I think that's a little extreme. And then I hear...Coming from a 20 point deficit, the Bears win late in the 4th quarter'...Wait...what? Did I hear that correctly? It couldn't be, we watched everything but 8 minutes. I yell down to John who was eating breakfast that they just said the Bears won. In disbelief we turn on Sports Center to find out that what they were saying was true. We went to bed 8 minutes to early, and missed what they some around here are calling the 'Game of the Century....' What kind of fans are we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh....even the Cincinnati fans stayed up for the whole game! You call yourselves Chicago fans?