Thursday, June 23, 2005

How to get your @$$ kicked on the bike trail...

So I have found my new retreat...my new piece of heaven...my way to get away from it all...Roller blading on the lake front has become my favorite things to do on warm Chicago evenings. The lake front is literally a couple of blocks away and there is no problems that I have that after a few miles on that lake front with my blades and my ipod, can't be forgotten about. Males...work...males...tough friendships...everything vanishes, or gives me a really good hour to think about stuff without anybody calling me or nagging me or anything.....it's an hour or an hour and a half of me time and I enjoy every minute of it (most of the time...except when its like 100 degrees and the wind is blowing a 100 mph towards me...then some times I slightly dislike it). Anyhow, Saturday I was on my way back from my 10 mile blade...and it came to a narrow part of the trail when I hear 'On your left' from someone behind me...i hear it but there is little I can do as there are people coming towards me and I feel like I'm as far as I can get to the right as possible...then i hear it again this time in a harsher tone 'ON YOUR LEFT' and i see 2 beady eyes on a rather large woman glaring at me...the red headed temper flares and I can feel myself get angry...there is little I can do at this point as she is on a bike and faster the me...I mutter, what I think is under my breath...the word..*ITCH (censored here for younger viewers)...little did I know that the man that passed me right after she did was with her and happened to hear my little comment...once he past he proceeded to tell her that I called her a *itch at which point she apparently found that she did indeed have breaks on her bike...turns around and mutters something in my direction...at which point i was very glad I had my sunglasses on b/c I know my eyes had to have the fear of God in them. That is the first and last time I let that slip on the trails...

No comments: