Tuesday, July 05, 2005

jumping in puddles is fun...most of the time...

So I was leaving a 4th of July gathering yesterday evening that was being held in doors at a friends place due to the rain, in a part of town that I wouldn't hang around in after dark...as I exited the party, my friend John happened to be on the phone by a HUGE puddle...thinking it would be A)fun to jump in the puddle AND B) fun to get him wet...I proceed to leap into the puddle with quite a force...just as I look up laughing my eyes meet a very unpleasant site....a rather large African American woman and her male friend happened to be sitting in a SUV right next to the puddle with her door and window cracked open...at this point there is not much I can do...I try as best as I can to wipe the smirk off my face to apologize...knowing full well that she could really not have gotten but a few drops...but as I said I was sorry...I just got 4 beady eyes and blank faces back at me...seeing that it was quite possible that I have now put myself, and this time my friends, in life threatening situations twice in a week...I cleared the smirk...walked over to the car and apologized for my inappropriate puddle jumping...hoping that this may trigger some sort of facial movement other then the death stare I was currently getting...apparently my apology was not accepted, from her at least...her man friend said it was okay...however I'm pretty sure from the look on her face...it was most definitely not okay.

No comments: