Friday, July 08, 2005

Lessons in humbleness hurt...

So I was blading the other night down a very busy part of the lake front, right where all the beach volley ball leagues play...while I was cruising along I spot a friend of a friend...he happened to be a friend of a friend who I thought I may have had future relationship possibilities but I was mistaken...anyhow I thought it would be interesting to have a quick chat. After a quick enjoyable conversation, I decide to skate away calm, cool, and collectively...but mainly cooly...as I get about 30 feet away, everyone on the lake front decides to cross the path right in front of me at exactly the same time...there is clearly no where to go...a traffic jam to say the least...I slam on my breaks, but it is no use, it's to late...the damage is done. I wipe out, almost dragging another roller blader down with me. Of course that clears the path...everyone stares at me...no one offers to help...I jump up and skate away...thigh and ego bruised...it's a toss up which one is hurt worse...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yawn