Friday, September 16, 2005

An Accident...

Last night I got hit by a van...or I hit a van, which ever way you would like to put it. It could have been much worst then it actually was and I'm counting my blessings that I was not moving 3 seconds ahead in time. Here's the story...6:15 pm - head down stairs, put my roller blades on, gear up and begin my skate to the lake. I was suppose to meet John at 6:45 up north and then some Co-workers. 6:17 pm - I skate succesfully through the only busy intersection that I have to skate through on the way to the lake, 6:18 pm - I see a White van coming down division and about to turn left into an alley, the alley I'm about to cross, he can't see me b/c of some vans and trucks parked on the street, and he doesn't slow down or stop to see if there are pedestrians coming...although I can see him it's far to late at this point and I slam on my breaks but there is little to no time. I slammed into the side of the van at full force, taking the main blow on my left side. I tried to turn to get away and around it but there just wasn't room. 2 guys who I had seen walking toward me prior to the van pulling in between us ran over to me to help...the guy driving got out for like 2 seconds before speeding away. Emotionally it was more disturbing then physically, knowing that had he waiting 3 more seconds to turn or had I been moving 3 seconds sooner I would have ended up in front of the van and not on the side of it, and realizing that things would have been much worst had that happened. I am able to laugh...a little... at the story I'm sure it will become a lot funnier as time passes...as my knee heals and as I can walk a lot easier. I didn't want this to be a depressing post but it has turned into that! Just picture me slamming full speed into the side of a van, realizing full well I'm fine...pretty funny huh???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Democrats always hit and run. I hate democrats.

Anonymous said...

Jumper that is awfull! I hope you are feeling better. I am excited you e-mailed me this blog