Sunday, February 08, 2004

Sin City

I have arrived! Yesterday I woke up at 4:30 am to depart British Columbia and begin my journey to Vegas. After landing 20 minutes early due to a medical emergency in Seattle, and a quick 2 hour flight to Las Vegas, I have reached my final destination before heading home. Overwhelming is the only word that I can use to describe my first impression of Las Vegas. Slot machines everywhere when you step of the plane...bells dinging, people everywhere, brides wandering...I am staying at the Mirage, which seems to be in the perfect location to see everything. I grabbed something to eat and took a quick nap before heading out. There seems to be so much to see but I really didn't know where to start. I headed first to the Bellagio so I could see the dancing water. While waiting for the show to start I was already picking up the men. A guy asked me if I knew when the show was going to start, what a pick up line, eh? He asked me if I was here with friends, and I began wondering what my mother would think if she knew I was talking to strangers in Vegas?!?! He has 2 friend with them but they all seemed harmless enough, after talking for about 20 minutes we all figured that the show must be cancelled due to strong winds, I decided I would go opposite direction of what ever they were going, and it worked out pretty nice. I will admit it was fun being picked up though :) I got back to the Mirage just in time to see the 'volcano' outside erupt...only in Vegas.
See picture of my flight into Vegas here and my first night in Vegas here.

No comments: