Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Bar of Soap and A Yellow Submarine

On the walk to work on Friday I was listening to some tunes, when a familiar song came on that I didn't even realize I had on my pod. I almost fast forwarded before I stopped and decided to be nostalgic for a second. The song was Yellow Submarine. As I continued walking I was taken back to my grandparents old house with the greenish blue shag carpet...to the pink bathroom where me and my sister...2 giggly little girls sat in the tub with a bar of Ivory soap...the smell of Ivory soap will forever be a smell of Grandma's house...I don't know who's idea it was or why we we would have done it but we decided to wash one another's backs...first she soaped mine up, then I soaped hers...and then we sat back to back, rocking forward and back, 'washing' one anothers backs, singing the words that neither of us can hear without thinking about bath time at grandmas... 'We all live in a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine...'

No comments: