Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ego Protector or Mean?

So Friday lunch date called me today. Although he's a nice guy and we had a good lunch, it was stale...my indifference continues. So we chat...although we both know where this is going. So he says he knows I'm busy this week but maybe we can hang out again some time, maybe a weekend...obviously trying to dodge another lunch date. So I said yeah...this weeks not good...he said, okay just give him a call. Sure...but probably not.

QUESTION: Am I doing him any favors, by not spelling it out for him...or should I lay it on the line? I kinda feel like I'm protecting his ego by avoiding that conversation, am I kidding myself? Is it better I not call and let him get the hint...or is that mean and it would be better if I paint the picture? Insight requested.

No comments: