Saturday, August 14, 2004

Lunch Dates & Swingers

what a day...what a week really. One of those weeks that you don't even know what you did all week. Work has been crazy but on top of that my recent increase in encounters with the male species has been a bit of a suprise. Tuesday, guy number 2 from 2 posts ago, called...the one I met in the piano bar. I gave him my card...so cliche, I know...but he asked for my number and rather then give him my personal 411 ...plus it only has my work number, and what were the chances that he would actually call? Well apparently pretty good because we went out to lunch today. He's a nice guy and we do have things in common so it went alright. Wasn't really feeling anything there besides a friendship but considering the drought, beggers can't be choosers right? Note to any single male listeners...when you ask a girl out..its your responsibility to plan the goings on. Ask her if she has some where that she would like to go, if not, be a man, suck it up, and pick some where. Take the reigns, show her that you can make a decision, make it look like at least some thought went into it...

Swingers....well one 'Swinger' in particular...referring to the guy number 1 from 2 and 3 posts back. So I gave up on him...there is something about him and other girls feel the same way...there is something about his eyes...they are beautiful and there is something about dancing with him that makes you feel like...well I can't put my finger on it but what ever it is, most guys will never have. But the problem is that 3 posts ago, I gave up on him. I don't fight girls for men...its not going to happen, its not my thing, and if there is any fighting being done, it should be over me. So my attitude has changed toward him...from one of googly eyed to one of 'whatever'...so I backed off... lost interest....I was not defeated by these other girls, I just wasn't going to be one of 'those' girls...and then tonight, the tables turned a bit....without me even trying...he paid more attention to me tonight then he had in weeks...or ever for that matter. I don't think 'playing hard to get' works in most situations but apparently it worked tonight without me even knowing it...whatever it is...I'm not complaining...b/c as i see it...interest or not..that boy can dance.

No comments: