Thursday, September 23, 2004

Renewal

Spiritually stagnant is probably what I would call my walk right now. Lots of motions...not lots of emotion...this week has been different. Sunday night I went to the Gathering, the evening service at the jones church in Cincinnati...with about the first 3 cords of 'you alone', i was filled with the presence of God that I hadn't had in a long time...i didn't see it coming and i was emotionally overcome...the kind of tears that start flowing and you don't know why and you really don't care b/c it feels good, and you can breath a sigh of relief b/c of it...because he is there, and thats all that matters...sdj, the spirit was moving sunday night...

This week I made a worship play list and have been listening to all week...and when i was running this week, 'you alone' came on and i just wanted to close my eyes and twirl in circles and sing 'I'm alive, i'm alive, i'm alive, i'm alive' over and over...b/c he alone IS father, and he alone IS good, and he alone IS savior, and he alone IS God...how can that get stagnant?

No comments: