Thursday, September 02, 2004

The Wrath of the Red Head

For those who know me, perhaps lived with me...know that I am NOT a morning person. Although I'm not proud of it, my roommates in college would not even wake me up for Saturday brunch, my family would fight over who had to get me up....for those who have seen Bruce Almighty with Jim Carey, there is a scene where he's in bed and his alarm clock goes off..and he flops around in his bed, kicking all over the place b/c he doesn't want to get up...its very funny...but maybe only b/c that is how I feel every morning.
So I have this neighbor that lives in the next condo over. His alarm clock goes off and off and off for over an hour...this has happened for months now...not ever morning but I would say 2 or 3 out of 5...AT 5:45...all along I figured he travels for work and forgets to turn his alarm off, so when it goes off and no one is there to shut it off...so i have been giving him the benefit of doubt...UNTIL this morning...as I lay in bed at 5:55...mumbling obscenities under my breath...i listen..there is a pause for a few minutes and it goes off again...for 20 more minutes...a pause....and again for 20 more minutes....HE'S NOT OUT OF TOWN...HE'S IN THERE, HITTING THE SNOOZE BUTTON...HE'S JUST LAZY....this is the last straw...at 6:30 I dart out of bed scribble a note (turned out to be a whole page...not sure what all I said...) and hung it on his door...next time...I'm busting the door down...the wrath of the red head can not be tamed much longer...IT'S WAR!
Oh and I'm pretty sure when Jesus said that whole thing about "Love thy neighbor" they didn't have alarm clocks so I think I can get off on a technicality.

No comments: