Sunday, October 17, 2004

Chicago weather...

Yesterday we experienced one of our coldest days in Chicago this fall...The wind was whipping, the sky's were cloudy, the sun, no where in sight...I had to kick the heat on...strange when it was in the 70's once this week. I'm sad to see the Chicago summer go, its one of the best things about this city...baseball, open front/side walk restaurants, summer dance, the lake front...sometimes its the only thing to keep you going on those long cold winter days...today however, as I sit on the couch, watching football, drinking some coffee...I think to myself that I'm okay with it turning cold...after all, there's not much that I need to do today and I don't feel guilty for sitting here indoors and not being outside, as I often do on beautiful summer days. I realize that this is just the beginning and by March I'll be longing for one of those beautiful summer days, and that I need to savor those nice days when I get them in the month of October...but I think I'm ready to embrace those lazy days of winter, it has been a busy summer.

No comments: