Saturday, July 24, 2004

The Single Life

Often confused with 'The Simple Life' ... as I sit here at 3:08 pm on Saturday afternoon I look back at what I have accomplished this morning...I got up at 10:45, talked to my mom till 11...laid on the couch for an hour...made breakfast, ate... made deviled eggs and sweet tea...not sure why...but kinda was feeling like both.  Laid back on the couch...watched TV for another couple of hours...fell asleep...woke up..watched the Cubs game...  I don't know how everyone else views my day, but it has been for me its be a perfect day...I've done what I wanted, when I wanted and nothing more...and as I was talking to my mother this afternoon I think I scared her b/c I enjoyed it so much...the first thing she said..the longer you live alone, the harder it will be to live with someone else...so what?  then shouldn't I enjoy this time to the fullest?  I think her big fear is that I will like it so much I will never marry...but even for all the 'wonderful' things i hear about being married...i think the same thing can be said for being single.  I'm not saying that I never want to get married...thats not really it, its just about being happy where I'm at...would she rather me call her crying and whining to her that i'm so sad I'm all alone and I'm never going to find anyone...i doubt it.  Right now I have really been blessed with contentment, with being a strong independent girl who can take care of myself and doesn't mind spending a day doing everything I want...but I also think I have the capability to love, and to share it with another person, and i think thats a pretty good place to be.


No comments: