Monday, July 26, 2004

things that go bump in the night...

Tuesday 4:00 am a crashing noise wakes me up...i lay frozen in my bed...i sleep with my door cracked just slightly to keep the porch light from shining in my eyes...so i can't even view down the hall to see if i notice anything...i lay there...still...trying to justify the noise...trying to decide what i am going to do...do i ignore it and stay where I am...do I get up and find the source...i lay there...listening...for breathing...for foot steps...for subsequent crashes...nothing...i decide there is no way i can lay there and just fall back asleep...i creep slowly down the hall...flip on the kitchen light...look around...nothing...check out any crack big enough for an intruder...nothing...search the dishes in the sink to see if something could have settled and crashed...nothing...i know that i heard a crashing noise...after all it did wake me up. I decided that it had to be the dishes in the sink to pacify myself...so i turn around to crawl back in bed...but i stop by the bathroom on the way back...there it is..in floor of the shower...my heart races...i'm filled with anger...the suction cup on my razor holder lost its suction...

No comments: