Sunday, May 01, 2005

Home Sweet Home...almost...

So I've been quiet this week...mainly b/c when I haven't been at work, which has been horribly busy, I have been trying to get my new place unpacked and working until I can hardly stand up anymore. I sealed the deal and got the keys on Tuesday and started moving things in. It has been a whirlwind. Yesterday, my bed and the last of the boxes came over and now its starting to look like home. Besides a few piles of things to go through here and there things are shaping up, so I decided that this morning I would go grab some coffee at the Dunkin Dounts around the corner, sit in my chair by the window and just relax and enjoy the some peace and quiet and the view for a bit this morning. I'm amazed how far I can really see and how at sunset, no matter what I'm doing, how I find myself taking a quick break to enjoy it...I hope that doesn't change and that I take advantage of my time living here. My own little nook in this big city to call mine.

There are things I'm still getting use to, the new sounds of living in a complex...elevators, neighbors (the woman next door sings in the shower and if I'm in the bathroom I can hear her...yesterday she sang "Love Shack" and "I'm a Barbie Girl" and it reminded me of Christy Paul a little, I'm not sure why, but it put a smile on my face). There is one thing that prevents this from feeling like home yet, the Cable...they don't have digital cable here, so I'm not use to it, and the stations are all different. I haven't watched a ton of TV since Tuesday, but when I have turned it on it's usually b/c I'm completely exhausted and just want to watch 'Making the Band' or something and I get a brief moment of anxiety that I can't find the right station. It just seems so foreign to me. Apparently the TV is my comfort. This week, it has let me down. This too shall pass.

I'll post some pictures soon...maybe after the armoire gets 'hoisted' out of the living room on Monday.

No comments: