Monday, December 20, 2004

Biggest Disappointment of 2004

Men. You may think I'm just saying that b/c...well my luck with the male folk has not been the best it has ever been in 2004. But, with the help of my 'relationship advisor' I have really focused on putting myself out there more this year...if nothing else just building friendships with guys, listening to girls stories about guys and just observing them in general and I have to say I'm sadly disappointed in the male species this year. Personally, I have been hurt on quite a few occasions this year in my relationships/friendships with guys, often times by those whom I never thought would hurt me. Lied to, left, harassed, pushed aside for no reason...mostly just treated with a lack of respect and caring. Sadly, many of my girlfriends have shared similar experiences or can follow up one of my stories with one of their own. I had one girl tell me just today that she thought it would get better as we got older and is finding that has been far from the case.
Even after the disappointment I have felt this year...I'm finding myself losing that tight hold of contentment in my singleness that I once held so firmly in my palm. What a scary thought. Surely there is more out there then what I've experienced the past 12 months.

No comments: