Saturday, December 11, 2004

The Greatest Compliment EVER

My mom and I are notorious for the ugliest legs...some refer to them as tree trunks...with cankles that go straight from our knee into our shoe. While on the cruise last week my mom stops and looks at me and said...'Oh my Gosh, I think you may have a little bit of an ankle'...I almost teared up. I have never had an ankle in my whole life. She continued, 'Either that, or your leg is fatter'. Never the less, for the first time in my life, I had an ankle.

That being said, I went boot shopping today...knee high boots...you know why I had to go boot shopping? B/c this winter when I put on my brown calf high boots and I could not zip them up all the way....not just a little..about an inch. So I have been wearing them only zipped half way b/c I love them. So what, maybe my mom was right my leg was fatter..which only cast the impression that I actually had an ankle. I am more upset that I will have to throw these boots away then I am to find out that apparently my calves are apparently way larger then they were last winter...I attribute that to the step aerobics...humor me.

Who knew that boot shopping could be a nightmare...Humiliating...Humbling...I tried on probably close to 20 pairs of boots...do you know how many of those I could zip up over my calves...THREE...THREE OUT OF TWENTY PAIRS. WHO IS WEARING THESE BOOTS....I AM NOT A FAT GIRL. I may not have the best legs in town...okay, i probably could be in the running for one of the worst pairs...but still...some of the boots i could not even come four inches to zipping up all the way...FOUR INCHES. WHO WEARS THESE BOOTS HONESTLY? ARE MY CALVES SO MUCH LARGER THEN NORMAL WOMENS THAT I CAN NOT EVEN ZIP OF HALF THE BOOTS I TRIED ON? I found only one pair that I liked and fit...and I bought them in black and brown b/c i never want to boot shop again.

No comments: