Saturday, February 26, 2005

Sacredest Day of the Year...

Cubs tickets went on sale yesterday and for the first year in eight years we had a big dilemma on our hands...we all have real jobs. No one is at home to sit by the phone for hours and hours, dialing and dialing and dialing...staring at the computer screen. We had dreams of two days...June 10th against Boston and August 28th when Ryno's jersey's is to be retired. As 10 am rolled around, svt was busy working on some network problems and I was hurrying off to some meetings and we saw our hopes of great days at the ball park drifting away. Svt managed to get in the virtual waiting room and after a while had the opportunities to purchase Boston tickets until he found out that his browser was not 'supported'. Although no blood, after some sweat, and I think SVT even shed some tears over the Boston tickets we never got, we did manage to get 3 seats in left field for August 28th. I'm hoping to still secure tickets for June 10th, I haven't given up...but we'll have to see how my luck pans out. I'm also banking on a few more sets of free tickets from the company my uncle works for so hopefully that will work out. I'm already excited about a few trips to Cinci that I'm thinking about. The smell of baseball is in the air.

No comments: