Sunday, April 17, 2005

2 Good Things

Tonight a friend and I went and saw Fever Pitch. Baseball and a romantic comedy...how great is that? The only way it could have been better is if it was about the Cubs winning the World Series but hey, I feel like Boston fans share a common bond with us so I'm okay with it...well, we use to at least. Coming out of college, if there was one other place I wanted to live, it was Boston. I had been there once and had really liked the feel of the city...after seeing that movie I think I could even be a Boston Fan. It's not a whole lot different from being a Cubs fan...again, before last October. It made me even more excited for June 10th when Boston makes an appearance at Wrigley. I already feel like it's not about who wins or loses that game...not that I won't be pulling for the Cubs...there's more to it then that, the movie just got me really excited to have tickets...

The movie did bring out a small serge of insecurity in me though...in the flick, Jimmy Fallon plays a crazed fan and everything in his house has something to do with the Red Sox...this came off as very funny to everyone in the theater...but I have started accumulating a lot of Wrigley Field/Cubs pieces...just this afternoon I was framing some historical pictures of Wrigley I got...I want to be tasteful but not tacky...but the Cubs door mat that my dad bought me for my Birthday may pushed that over the edge...

No comments: