Thursday, April 07, 2005

Some sort of Luck...

I missed the train from Indiana this morning. I was down there last night to get my hair cut and to see my parents, and oh yeah, to because it was my 26th Birthday. Something happens when you hit 26 I think...Birthdays lose something. I didn't even know when my birthday was this year. My mom said to me on Sunday she wanted me to come down for my b-day...at which point I had to stop and ask her when my birthday was...maybe it's because of the schedule I'm keeping...maybe it's because after 25...well, you're just getting old. I'm not sure. Anyhow...26 just wasn't exciting for me. In fact I wish it would have kinda just gone away.

Anyway, back to the train...I missed the train I was suppose to take and had to wait another 25 minutes for the next one. So I get on the train, find a seat...three across so I don't have to sit next to anyone, the guy in the inside was sleeping...great. So I slip in, put some Ben Harper tunes on and chill with my double d coffee. We come to the last stop before hitting Chicago and I glance around the train to see what sort of seatage remains open, to see if I'm going to get away with the empty buffer seat. There are a lot of seats open so I think I'm clear...when 'He' comes. He was probably 24ish and thick glasses from 1984, green jeans, white socks, black shoes...and a Napoleon Dynamite look alike, talker. I had head phones on...he didn't care, he asked what I was listening to... i got my laptop out...he ignored it...I don't know what I do to attract them. I'm not sure what it is that I do that makes every nerdy guy want to talk to me...on trains, on planes...in airports. It seems like a cruel joke. One day...just one day, I'm waiting to walk down that skinny plane isle to my window seat (cause I always have a window) and see a young, SINGLE, non nerdy guy, seated in the isle seat beside me. One day....

No comments: