Sunday, April 03, 2005

Houston...Friends, Food, and First Class

So my whirl wind weekend in Houston was a success. Angie picked me up at the airport on Friday. I hadn't seen her in almost 2 years, and even then, we've been friends for about 4 years and only seen each other 4 times, we joke that we are each other's best friends we never see. We stay in touch via the internet, God bless it. As she was driving toward the airport and I was standing outside she commented...'okay here I come...hope I remember what you look like'. Luckily she did. We had a really good time, the weather was great, I got to experience Houston and I loved hanging out with Angie and her husband John. It makes me sad they live so far away.

I also got to see another familiar face while I was there. Houston (also known as J-Fizzle on the air as I found out...and Jeremy Foster in real life) from Milligan. It was great to see him. We have kept in decent contact since he graduated 5 years ago but hadn't seen each other since then probably. But it was nice to sit back and relax in the warm (errr..mostly warm)Texas night and talk about old times...and current times... I really enjoyed myself.

Finally on my flight on the way home I got bumped to first class. The flight as only about 2 and a half hours but still...it was GREAT! The seats were so comfy and big and while the others were drinking dixie cups of pop and 4 pretzels each...I was drinking wine out of glass and eating beef off of glass plates...it was so sweet. I know to some, first class on the airplane may not seem like a big deal but for me there is something special about having warm nuts and a hot hand towel at 35,000 feet...

Pictures will follow tomorrow...(of my friends not the warm nuts and hot towels).

No comments: