Saturday, April 16, 2005

The End of an Era...

As I sit on my couch amongst boxes of cherished belongings...I begin to hear sawing not to far away...I get up and peek out the window and see that the landscaping guy aka the guy that lives next door..aka the president of the condo board...is cutting down the only living thing in the court yard. There is one medium size tree housed in the courtyard that peeks up through the three levels of the building...in the city, where tree's are precious it's a pleasant site in the spring to see the green buds and in the fall its a colorful indicator of the long winter ahead...and here he is...just when the first green leaves have started to appear...cutting down the only living thing in the complex...a rush of sadness pours over me...the tree, that has been growing there, probably since the building was built...now dead. I'm no tree huger but it's an end of an era...and had I not been moving in 10 days it would be hard for me to sit here and watch...another sign it's time to move.

No comments: