Thursday, June 17, 2004

i'm turning into her...

No, not my mother...thats already happened...i'm talking about the 40something lady...the one that its hard to determine where work life stops and real life begins...the one who spent her whole life eating, breathing, and living her job...i swore i wouldn't be that lady...but as i stop to look at the past 2 weeks, besides the 40 part... i find frightening similarities...my 3 day a week gym routine has shriveled down to 1 visit in 14 days...i eat at my desk every day...i get there early...am the last one to leave...and as i sit here at 9:43 pm on a glorious thursday evening, it is taking all the power i have to keep my eyes open. i begin to wonder if when i'm 50, fat, and single, i can sue for the crappy work/life balance that the largest three letter computer company in the world provides for my dedicated soul...

...that settles it...tomorrow i will leave early...

No comments: