Thursday, January 20, 2005

On the Bench...

I'm on the bench. What I didn't realize is that not everyone knows what that means. I guess I've been in consulting world long enough to forget which words phrases are common and which words are the lingo...but several people have asked me how my new job is going and I've been telling them, although so far I'm liking what I'm seeing, I'm on the bench...and I get these blank stares or smirks and realize that no one knows what the heck that means. It means I'm bored out of my mind. I have nothing to do but computer based training and learning more about the wonderful world of ACN. My fellow bench warmers and I laugh that when we are on projects we wish we had some down time...and when we are 'on the bench' we wish we were in the game. A little case of 'the grass is always greener' I guess.

No comments: