Sunday, January 09, 2005

Starting Over

Tomorrow the slate is clear. I begin a new day, a fresh outlook on life...My OCD got the best of me tonight when it took me 45 minutes to decide between two outfits to wear tomorrow to my first day at the new job and then iron it. Even I will admit it was a bit ridiculous. I am excited to see what tomorrow holds.

As for Friday. My last day at IBM went smooth. It was exciting and sad at the same time. I was sad to leave the people that I had grown to care about but at the same time was ready to do it. I never knew how hard it was going to be to drag all the files I had on my computer...specs, notes, documentation, to the trash can and recycle it...I had to pause a second and kinda look away as I hit the delete key. All that work, all that time, gone just like that. It was really surreal. I also learned a valuable lesson. Never have your friends e-mail your work e-mail account..wow was that a loss. The only way I could export the mail was in one big file which was kinda useless. The good thing is that not everyone used that account, but still, the amount of e-mails I had to let go was a bit disturbing. I don't like to get rid of anything that I can hold against some one in the future ;).

No comments: