Thursday, January 06, 2005

Things just got stranger...

So I'm sitting at my desk this morning...waiting for the indians to join the conference call so I could do some 'knowledge transfer' when one of the only higher up thats left in the Chicago office comes over to my desk...now lets take a brief time out, this guy is a nice guy but I've probably talked to him a total of 2 times in my life span of 3.5 years at IBM and one of those times was b/c ironicly we were seated next to each other on the same plane for business...here he is standing at my desk, 2 days prior to my departure from my favorite blue company with a goofy smirk on his face. He says 'I heard you were leaving'...I said 'Yes, I am. My last day is tomorrow' ...he says...'When's your first day?' I said (not even thinking why this is an odd question at this point in the conversation)... 'Monday' ...he said...'Ahhh, you'll beat me by a week, I'll see you over there'...insert jaw hitting floor here

No comments: