Wednesday, March 24, 2004

1985 Chicago Bears...don't remember the game but remember the Shuffle

Heck I don't even know if I watched the game. But I could Super Bowl Shuffle with the best of them. For those not from Chicago, you may not even know what it is...let me enlighten you. Its a little diddy the Chicago Bears put together on their way to the Super Bowl. Its full of 'white mans overbite', lack of rhythm, and really bad fake instrument playing with an 80's flare. Its awesome. Here's a brief example:

I'm Samurai Mike. I stop 'em cold.
Part of the defense, big and bold.
I've been jammin' for quite a while,
Doin' what's right and settin' the style.
Give me a chance , I'll rock you good,
Nobody messin' in my neighborhood.
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came to do the Superbowl Shuffle.

We're the Bears Shufflin' Crew.
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.
We're so bad we know we're good.
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone.
We're not here to start no trouble.
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

I'm mama's boy Otis, one of a kind.
The ladies all love me
For my body and my mind.
I'm slick on the floor as I can be.
But ain't no sucker gonna get past me.
Some guys are jealous
Of my style and class.
That's why some end up on their (bleep).
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just get down to the Superbowl Shuffle.

The words don't do the Video justice...and if you want to see it I own a copy that I stole from my dad.

Why do I bring this up you ask? Its not even football season. One reason. The legendary, Mike Singletary (Samurai Mike), spoke at my church on Sunday. I was impressed by his humbleness and his realness. He spoke about how, as Christians, we should face hard times and contrasted that against unbelievers. He is legendary, yet he is relateable. He listens for God to speak and is obedient even when its against his will. A great speaker and seems like a great man. We had a untiy service for this event so I would say 2000-3000 + in one service with an awesome time of worship by PW Gopal (great worship leader...kinda Third Day...U2ish sound), made for a great Sunday. If only I had brought my VHS for an autograph...

No comments: