Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Quarter Life Crisis...

I'm in a funk...I can't tell what stage of 'funk' ..coming or going...but I'm pretty sure I have almost hit the bottom. The past 6 months have gone by so fast I have been in 9 states and 2 countries and although it sounds glamorous most of it was for work and I believe is to blame for my current state of funkiness, that and the end of what I thought was going to be a perfectly good relationship...which would have never happened if I wouldn't have started traveling in the first place. So now I'm disorganized, friendless, and broken hearted...now why would I be in a funk?
I know how to remove myself from the funk but the odd thing about being in a funk is that you really have no motivation to, which is a problem. So I will wait it out, I am sure I will wake up one day and forget that I was even in a funk the day before...
I like the words of 'Why Georgia'...I think that John Mayer was in a funk when he wrote those lyrics...driving 85 and passing up your exit to your apartment, stuck in side the gloom sounds like the actions of one in this state...if I owned a vehicle I would be half way to Tennessee by now. I love that he calls it a 'quarter life crisis,' and find it interesting that I just picked up on these lyrics a month and 34 days before my 25 birthday...perhaps another cause of the Funk?

No comments: