Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Why Georgia?

I am driving 85 in the
kinda morning that last all afternoon
Just stuck inside the gloom
4 more exits till my apartment but
I am tempted to keep the car in drive
and leave it all behind

Cause I wonder sometimes
about the outcome
of a still verdictless life.

I rent a room and fill the spaces with
Wood in places to make it feel like home
But all i feel is alone
It might be a quarter life crisis
Or just the stiring of my soul

So what, so I've got a smile on
But its hiding the quiet superstitons in my head
Don't believe me when I say I've got it down.

Everybodys just a stranger but
Thats the danger in going my own
I guess its the price I've got to pay
Still everything happens for a reason
Is no reason not to ask myself.

If I am living it right?
Am I living it right?
Am I living it right?
Why Georgia why?


- Why Georgia, John Mayer

No comments: