Friday, May 07, 2004

Currently Reading...

I almost hate to post what I am currently reading...because when I say what it is you're gonna think that i'm 'that girl' and I'm not. I feel like I need to preface it with the reasons I am reading this book. First of all, some of the guys in the 20somethings group I go to have read it and love the book...make references to it like its some secret boy book. Second of all, I had a good guy friend of mine tell me I needed to read it. So I picked it up and now am having a hard time putting it down. The book is called 'Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul' by John Eldredge, written aimed at guys...but has been a real eye opener for me...growing up in a house of dominating woman...my poor father lost his spirit a bit. We sucked it out of him...reading this book may save any male that comes in my life from doing the same. I post this for one reason...because if I was a guy...I would have wanted some one to tell me to pick this book up. To read it and regain the lost spirit...even if you don't think its gone.

No comments: