Saturday, January 17, 2004

Canadia

Some of you know that I it won't be long before I leave for Canada. My company has decided to give me the privilege of spending 3 all inclusive weeks with our cold friends to the north. And though I would rather go in the spring or summer I am actually quite excited to go. During this time I will not be able to come home because my total one way trip will probably be around 9 hours (that's including lay overs). I will be spending one weekend with Alina Best (a near and dear friend, please check out her awesome drawings at http://www.geocities.com/alinaestherbest/ in Portland. Since the farthest west I have been is Wichita,Kansas I can assure you I am very excited about my little adventure.

So none of that really has to do with what I intended to post on today...anyway, I have picked up another interesting yet possibly embarrassing habit the past couple of weeks. For some reason I can not simply refer to our neighbors to the North as 'Canada'...on more than one occasion I mix the words Canadian and Canada therefore it comes out as Canadia. The first time I did it, I laughed and joked with my parents in the comfort of their home...the next time I was with co workers at work...slightly more embarrassing but still forgivable...what next? With my Canadian co-workers??? Or worse...Customs? 'Yes I will be staying in Canadia for the next 3 weeks'...

No comments: