Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Life of a Consultant...

We landed safely in Canada about 8:00 pm local time. The airport was 1/4 the size of Tri-cities Airport in Johnson City. I am not even joking. There was one baggage claim which was in the lobby which was also the one and only gate with the check-in and Hertz rental car counter. It is by far the smallest airport I have ever been in. I couldn't help but laugh. I solved the problem about the lack of Canadian money by hitting the 1985 ATM machine that was in the lobby/baggage claim/gate area and was lucky that there was one lonely cab waiting for me when I stepped outside. I think the good Lord was watching over me.
I can't wait to get a good look at my surroundings but I will have to wait for another day. It was dark when I landed last night, this morning it was foggy and I'm still at the office and its dark once again. All I know is that the hotel is at a higher elevation then the office because there is snow up there and none here. Surprisingly enough it doesn't get light until later then Chicago here. When I woke up at 7 it was still pitch black out. I wasn't expecting that, I flung open my curtains to see the landscape but I was sadly disappointed when all I could see was darkness.. From what I can tell it is beautiful and mountainess. I am looking forward to my day off when I can get a good look at everything. For now, it's 7:30, we haven't eaten dinner, I'm trapped in the office because we are 'sharing' rental cars and I want to go home. I'm starving and have eaten every ounce of food in my bag, including left over carrot sticks and shortbread cookies I got on the plane yesterday. I'm going to start getting cranky and I assure you that no one wants that...

No comments: