Sunday, January 18, 2004

It's all about the medium...

People have often told me that journaling is a great way to capture your thoughts...I have never been one to journal though. Not that I haven't made attempts. I buy cute journals and fun pens thinking it will inspire me to write on a regular basis...I write the first day...maybe the second then I forget for another week, write another day then never pick it up again. I can not even tell you how many times this has happened to me in the past. I failed to see why anyone would make such a big deal out of journaling...but I think I have figured it out...it wasn't that I disliked journaling, its that I hadn't found the right medium...my life has been changed, my eyes have been opened...I have seen the light. I finally have a place to put those thoughts that go through my head...the conversations I have with myself...without feeling crazy. The only problem is now everyone else KNOWS I'm crazy. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a secret in the first place though...and it turns out that even though i started this so people could keep tabs of me while traveling, it has been more therapy for myself then anything else.
True this is only my first week...I still have plenty of time for failure...but I believe this may be record for me...and I'm still excited about it and I look forward to what will end up on the page each day.

No comments: