Thursday, January 15, 2004

The Twisted Webs We Weave

During the holiday season I received a phone call from an ex-boyfriend...lets call him Rob...not only did he call...he happened to call while my new flavor was sitting next to me on the couch. I decided to forego the conversation as it wasn't the best time to take a call from my ex. After checking my voice mail later that evening I discovered that B...Rob had a Christmas present for me in which he was hoping to drop off. Luckily, I was able to head off any meetings of the exes during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
Christmas has come and gone, the new year has been rung in, the flavor has lost its taste and I was yet to receive my Christmas present from Rob. So we met yesterday for old time sake. The long awaited Christmas present, received during our lunch break...a book, 'The Hobbit' actually, which I hadn't asked for. He said he had hoped that 'I hadn't picked it up yet'...I hadn't...the copy the ex 'flavor' gave me just a couple weeks ago is still sitting on my desk...

No comments: