Monday, January 19, 2004

A little piece of heaven...

Its 9:33 central...7:33 mountain...i think mountain, I'm not really sure. I'm in flight to Kamloops, British Columbia..man these plane trips would go by so much faster if I could surf the web...blog perhaps. I am on a rickety old plane... that's really really loud...and very shaky...40 minutes and counting. My flight to Seattle may have been the best flight I have ever had. It was four hours, I often have time sitting still for 30 minutes but it didn't seem to bad today. I had my new Gameboy SP to keep me occupied for most of the trip. Our flight got into Seattle at sunset, I could only see clouds below us for most of the trip but about 40 minutes before we landed I started seeing mountains sticking through the clouds....at first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me...after all, I had seen Iowa 3 hours ago and it was so far away and now these mountains peaks were right out my window...an amazing an awesome site. Just happened that "I Can Only Imagine" came on during this amazing experience. Made me think that I truly can 'only imagine'. The pilot said one of them was Mt. St. Helen's. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect (the biggest mountains I've ever seen were at good old Milligan College, and I thought those were awesome) but even the tips of these mountains peeking through the clouds during at sunset was surely a treat for anyone's eyes. Click here to check out the pictures of the moutains in the clouds

I'm not really sure what to expect when I get to Canada...my game plan is to grab a cab to the hotel...however, it just dawned on me that Canadian Currency would be really helpful. Guess I will figure that out once on the ground.

No comments: