Sunday, January 18, 2004

Something funny about Karma...

I headed out shopping this afternoon with no intentions of going to Old Navy. For some reason I felt myself gravitating towards the store for no apparent reason (after all I am still bitter towards them for changing the style of my favorite low rise boot cut jeans...they no longer fit like a glove...they now have a 2 inch gap in the back...girls you know what I mean). Anyhow, I find myself strolling the isles, checking out the latest fashion fads, thawing my hands and ears from the Chicago winter blasts. Head towards the clearance section, for those who know me, know I can't pass up a good bargain. Grab a few pairs of jeans that are on sale, knowing that none of them will fit but decide I will try them on anyway...when I spot a familiar face...one I hadn't seen in about 7 years...never the less the face hadn't changed. A girl I went to high school with, and a cheerleader at that (yes, I'm stereotyping here I realize that but this is my blog and I can do that if I want). Her locker was 2 away from mine for 6 years, she was always nice enough, but just enough for that 2.4 minutes we would see each other between each passing period...beyond that I wouldn't know, we weren't exactly in the same social circle. And now, here we are, 41 miles from that high school in the same store...except I'm shopping with the well earned money that I receive from my job in the corporate world and she is stocking shelves. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people that stock shelves...I like when stores are neat and shirts are all folded nice...I don't see myself as any better than those stocking shelves, but still for some reason I can't help but smirk as I head to the register to pay for the pair of jeans I got on clearance that actually fit...and to think, I'm not even sure why I went in the store in the first place.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the word Blog is not in the Blogger dictionary and its picked up on spelled check every time????

No comments: