Saturday, January 31, 2004

Portland...it would be a disappointment without rain...

I made it to Alina's last night around 6:30 after a crazy day of flying...the crop duster we fly in and out of Canada makes for a wild and crazy ride. I have approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes of flying in those planes left and there will be count down as soon as I get back on the plane on Sunday and fly back to Canada for one last time. On Friday for a brief moment I saw my eyes flash before my eyes...half way to Seattle we were all enjoying our complementary drinks and snacks of peanuts and Detour bars when the captain comes on the speaker and asks that we all buckle up and that the flight attendant please take her seat because we are headed toward a bumpy ride...I have been on many flights and many of them have been bumpy and though I never enjoy it, I realize that this comes with the territory...but I have never experienced anything like the 2 minutes I did on flight 2399 on Friday. I can not explain what happened in those brief moments but they will forever be ingrained in my mind. Drinks flying...faint screams...plane dropping...eyes closed...white knuckles...and in the end I have the Merlot a lady across the isle behind me was enjoying just a few moments ago on the front of my pink shirt...and then, just as fast as the wild ride came...a strange stillness comes over the plane as we begin our decent into to Seattle...............

No comments: