Tuesday, April 20, 2004

If April Shows Bring May Flowers...What Do Tornado's Bring?

Its is 8:22 on a Tuesday...we have been having tornado watches all evening and it was just updated to a warning...the weather man says be prepared to take cover...we have had the annoying 'emergency broadcast system' beep break through 'The Real World' twice. Where exactly do they expect a girl who lives on the third floor of an apartment complex to 'take cover'? There's always the stairwell...but then again the doors/walls are glass windows...there is the moldy laundry room...but then there are windows in there too...so I guess I stay seated on my couch...listening to the rain hit the roof (one of my favorite sounds) waiting to hear the freight train.

Today on the train I one of my favorite things happened...as the train heads north out of downtown I got to see the city disappear in the clouds. The overcast sky's engulf the buildings until you can hardly see them any more. It's always an amazing site to me...watching it from the L...you are right at the point where you are below the cloud but high enough to see what they are doing to the city.

No comments: