Wednesday, April 07, 2004

One day after 25...

I was in the gym today starting to think what I was doing with my life. How long I wanted to live in my apartment...if I would ever buy a car...and I decided that I kind of feel like my life is on hold because I feel like I need to make decisions about these things but haven't. I feel the need to own property...but where, when, how much? I don't want to move but I do I really want to continue to give 22% of my income for a roof over my head that is not even going to be mine after it is all said and done? The I stopped myself and wondered why I was worry about this all the sudden. Was it because I just turned 25 and feel like I need to grow up? Why can't I continue living like I am? Is there a problem with it? According to David Bach who wrote the book that I'm currently reading, 'Automatic Millionaire' (which I highly recommend), there is no way I will ever become a millionaire if I continue renting...is he right? Do I care if he is?
Stephen asked me this weekend if after my recent relationship 'mishaps' if it changes how I feel about what I want. I don't know. I do think I have a better attitude and am happier when I am with someone, and if you know me at all you also know that the previous statement is probably one of the hardest things in the world for me to say.
I'm not sure why I am rambling on about my deepest fears and concerns but I guess turning 25 has really made me start thinking that maybe it is time for me to take a hard look at what and why I do the things I'm doing. Maybe I need to change things...maybe i don't...and maybe...just maybe that on this...my 25th year on this planet...I will witness the Cubs win the World Series. We will just have to wait and see what a differance a year can make.

No comments: